Written by: Morgan Detvay | Rental Management One
It’s nearly impossible to think about a world where the Mitten State doesn’t exist. But sometimes we need a few reminders of just how awesome Michigan is and what is has to contributed to the USA and beyond.
Here are 10 absolutely undeniable reasons why the world would not be the same without Michigan.
1. Best beaches in the country.
The coasts think they’ve got the beach thing on lock, but seriously, the beaches in Michigan are truly a hidden gem.
2. Jackson, Mich. is the birthplace of the Republican Party.
Regardless of your political affiliation, you have to admit the influence of the Republican Party has been a monumental part of our nation’s history.
3. Michigan has a sports team for every major professional league.
You a sports fan? Michigan’s got you covered!
4. Michigan has the most lighthouses of any state.
These lakeside structures have such a rich history. Go ahead, check them out and be awestruck by both the architecture and water views.
5. Michigan was home to one of the very first modern-day shopping malls.
As urban centers across the country began to experience sprawl, shopping malls like Northland Center in metro Detroit began popping up. In fact, Northland was one of the very first in the 1950s.
6. Michigan’s got some of the very best pizza.
New York and Chicago have their reputations in the pizza game, but Michigan’s square deep dish is truly one of those hidden foodie gems
7. Motown, and all the sub-genres of American pop culture were established in Michigan.
The world has Michigan to thank for the Motown artists, who got their start in Detroit.
8. Michigan is the birthplace of the Arsenal of Democracy.
Starting from World War II, Michigan’s manufacturing industry jumped onto the defense bandwagon. The result: lots of jobs for Americans and a successful middle class America.
9. When most of the rest of the country is drying out, Michigan will be wet.
Many parts of the country deal with drought conditions. If only they were surrounded by these Great Lakes.
10. Michigan is the birthplace of the modern assembly line.
Thanks to the ingenuity of Henry Ford at the turn of the 20th century, American manufacturing on all levels is streamlined, safe, and provides for jobs for millions of people.
We ought to be thankful to have the Great Lakes State in all our lives. Tell us though, what are you most appreciative of in this great state of Michigan?